Caching improvement suggestion

Hello!

So I got the banner reminding me that my bank account connection was close to expiring:

My first suggestion is that the wording might benefit from a small tweak. Rather than saying “tap here to fix”, it would be better to say something along the lines of “tap on the account to fix”. Tapping on the banner, which is what I instinctively took “tap here to fix” to mean, doesn’t actually do anything.

My second suggestion, and this is the crux of this post, is that the act of renewing the bank account connection should also clear the cache on the account dashboard.

I noticed that after renewing the connection, when brought back to my dashboard, I am still seeing the banner above. Logging out and back in will clear the caches that store that data and thereby remove the banner. However, from a UX point of view, it can be misleading to still show the banner as we might think that the renewal was not successful. Tapping on the bank account to show us the connection details does confirm that the renewal succeeded. However, I still think clearing the cache to remove that banner would be beneficial.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hello @kieranedwards :wave:

Thanks so much for the feedback, I will definitely pass along your feedback on this to the Product team. :+1:

The product team reviews all feature requests we get and we spend a lot of time researching and working on new features, but at the moment I don’t have any details on if/when this will be released, as we don’t have a public roadmap. Whenever we do release new features, we’ll announce it in-app and via email, so I’d recommend keeping an eye for these.

Cheers!

Best,

Georgios