Feature Request: Push notification when a dividend is paid

A feature request for “mobile alerts when a dividend is paid” asks for a notification system that would alert users on their mobile device when a particular stock in their portfolio has paid a dividend.

Dividends are a form of distribution of a company’s profits to its shareholders, usually on a quarterly or annual or in some cases monthly basis. For investors, this can be an important aspect of their investment strategy. By receiving alerts when dividends are paid, investors can stay informed about when they can expect to receive their dividends and can plan accordingly.

The feature could be implemented as a push notification through the mobile app or via SMS message. It might also include details such as the dividend amount and payment date. Additionally, the feature might allow the user to customize which stocks they want to receive alerts for or allow them to set a threshold for the amount of the dividend before an alert is triggered.

Overall, this feature could be helpful for investors who are looking to stay informed about when dividends are paid and help them keep track of their returns from their investments.

This could be expanded to include an interest payment as well on the savings pot.

User Story

As an investor, I want to receive mobile alerts when a dividend is paid for any stocks in my portfolio so that I can stay informed about when I can expect to receive my dividends and plan accordingly.

Acceptance Criteria:

• The user should be able to opt-in to receive alerts for dividends
  • The user should be able to select which stocks they want to receive alerts for.
  • The user should be able to set a threshold for the amount of the dividend before an alert is triggered.
  • The alert should include the stock symbol, the amount of the dividend.
  • The alert should be delivered as a push notification on the mobile app, or via SMS message
  • The user should be able to turn off alerts for dividends if they wish to do so