Not receiving the full amount withdraw from bank account

Hi there,

Hope you’re all doing great. I have a quick question regarding my Plum account. It looks like the total amount that was withdrawn from my bank account wasn’t received in my Plum account. For example, I saw something like £22 and later I’ve received £5.83 and another £3.21 later on. Is there any issue with that?

Regards,
Michael

Hi @MichaelVSH :wave:

This is because your funds are still pending. :slightly_smiling_face:

If the funds have not yet reached your Plum Pockets, please note that deposits take 4 working days to reach your account from the day they were initiated.

To see when your funds are going to reach your Plum account, open the app, go to ‘Pockets’ and see the full list of savings as well as the date the funds will reach your account. It usually arrives by the end of the day it is due.

However, if you have investments deposits pending, they will show up somewhere else (investments take up to 7 working days).

To find your pending investments tap Investments > scroll down and select a fund and tap ‘my activity’ to see the completion date.

:point_right: They will not reflect in your total investment balance until they are completed.

I hope this helps!