Request for info

Has anybody had a message from Plum requesting personal info re where you get your money from to invest? Never had this with any investment company. And they’ve blocked my account until I show them a payslip or bank statement. Feels very fishy to me.

Anyone else had this and managed to resolve and safely get their money back or am I in trouble here with Plum?

1 Like

Hi there!

I can see that we have already replied to your query.

In case it was not clear here I leave more information; please note that to comply with our regulatory obligations we need to keep any customer due diligence documents, including ID and source of funds documents.
I am referring you to our Privacy Policy: https://withplum.com/legal/privacy.htmlIn addition,
please be informed that as per Article 17, Art 3 (related to GDPR) basically clarifies that legal requirements take precedence over the right to erasure.
As such, as AML regulation requires us to save the data and the right to erasure does not take effect until after that AML record keeping regulation ends.

I can see that the head of the operation team has your case, and that we have informed you on how to proceed if you do not want to proceed with the provision of the documents, once all your investments settled we will proceed accordingly as explain in the emails sent.

In case you have further queries please email us at help@withplum.com.

Thank you!